Squash is a racket sport played by two or four players in a four-walled court with a small, hollow rubber ball. The objective of the game is to hit the ball in such a way that the opponent is not able to play a valid return. Some of the main rules of squash include:
- The ball must be struck only once by each player before it goes out of play.
- The ball must be hit above the tin and below the out line.
- The ball must hit the front wall before it can hit any other wall.
- A player may play a ball that has bounced twice before hitting the front wall if it is hit from the correct position
- The ball may not hit the ceiling during play
- If the ball is hit directly into the out of bounds area, the player loses the point
- The ball may not be caught or carried during play
If a player violates any of these rules, the opponent is awarded a point.
Is squash easy to play?
Squash can be easy or difficult to play depending on the skill level of the player. For beginners, the basic rules and movements of the game can be learned relatively quickly. However, as players become more advanced and the level of competition increases, the game can become quite challenging and requires a high level of physical fitness and technical skill.